- Zoo [the youngest Bratt, coming in at 2.5 years old] corners my dad and starts talking his ear off the other night. Trying to distract her from her mission of Grampa Domination, I request her to sing a song from "Frozen".
Zoo: No, I do not like the Frozen music. It is horrible.
[Mind you, 10 minutes before, we had been having a Broadway rendition of ALL of the soundtrack, complete with singing, dancing, AND overacting.]
Me: Oh, really?
Zoo: Yes, but we had Olaf in our front yard and he got knocked over.
[We had built a snowman in the front yard and obviously named him Olaf, but he had melted.]
My dad: Who knocked over Olaf?
Zoo: [straight face] Jesus.
- There are two ballroom dance magazines in the Twin Cities area. They have color photos, lots of content, and cover many ballroom events around town. That is amazing and GREAT.
The sad part is the groups that oversee them are like the Jets and the the Sharks. Yet instead of fun-to-watch dance-fights, there's uncomfortable-to-read passive-aggressive barbs, mock confusion, and excessive enthusiasm in the majority of the articles.
I get that there's animosity on both sides. I've heard A LOT about it, from both sides. Fine. But what happens now?
- Stop trying to get everyone else involved
- Have a dance-fight
- Get over it.
If you go with the dance-fight option, NO KNIVES, but please film it. And tag it with #dancefight because HASHTAGS ARE NOT DEAD.
And please make it conform to this definition as much as possible.
- a couple of weeks ago, I made this black bean and quinoa enchilada bake. I have tossed it with ground beef a few times and made kick-ass burritos. The G (and all the ladies of the house) have confessed our love for The Burrito and how we would eat them every day.
Needless to say (but here I go saying it), I would highly recommend making the vegetarian-friendly recipe.
If for convenience alone, it would be worth it. Mixed with beef or plain, this has fed my family of 5 for at least 5 meals.
Holy freezer meals, Batman!
- after owning, operating, and working at my own business for a little over three months, my biggest question is this:
Why is the men's bathroom SO MUCH DIRTIER than the ladies'?
And I'm talking about THE SINK here, people. The sink.
- I like that my auto-generated tags for this post are "dance magazines", "Twin Cities", "Jesus", "Broadway", "Batman", and "ground beef". It really explains it all.
- Check out the new comments section. I think it works?
One year ago: Sunday Special: Free, in which I model things.