Ballroom dancers are an odd bunch. Sterotyped as "Dancing With The Stars" wannabes while spending much of your income on a very subjective sport/art/pastime will make you quirky... and awesome.
Here are some signs you have gotten in the "swing" of things:
1. You can no longer get funky.
2. You call your sad attempt at getting funky as "freestyle dancing", but it still feels a lot like Cha Cha.
3. You have to think hard about what size you wear in non-dancing shoes...
4. ...which you call "street shoes"...
5. ...because all your dance shoes are in international sizes...
6. ...for which you have a complicated AND COMPLETELY LOGICAL rotation of practice, performance, competition, and social dancing pairs.
7. You cringe at most dance scenes in movies... [even the ones with J Law and Will Tippen]
8. ...but THIS movie was legit about invigilating, not to mention EVERYTHING ELSE.
9. You have a list of songs that NO ONE ELSE CAN DANCE TO, because you claimed them as your future Showdance songs.
10. You count out every new song you hear, hoping for a new practice song.
11. You refuse to add up how much you spend on lessons, floor fees, costumes, makeup, and the like, because... ouch.
12. Pedicures are worthless: they have a short life and remove all those hard-earned calluses.
13. People "love" or "hate" you by giving you an X... or not.
14. You only own black socks.
15. You Shazam songs in the elevator.
16. You know fishnets are not only for Halloween costumes and hookers.
17. You own a lot of makeup.
18. The next person that tells you you should be on "DWTS" is going to get this:
Boom. Happy Friday.
One year ago: Ideas I Like, in which I blow off things.
Two years ago: Chai It, You Might Like It, in which I make drinks that aren't coffee.