- bought a new pen. It rocks. I would recommend it by adding a link, but apparently it doesn't exist BECAUSE THE INTERWEBS CAN'T FIND IT. Whatever, I'm going to go all ANALOG and just tell you what it is and where to find it: The Write Dudes .7mm ballpoint pen with stylus (so you can avoid your self-contaminated smart phone screen) and I got it at Target. It's inky and black as night and thin and nostalgic (I mean, who writes anymore).
- obsession with writing instruments. Ever since some lady told me about these, I neeeeeeed them. Because OBVS.
- the Bullet Journal. I started journaling when I was in second grade or so and went with a vengence through tens and tens of notebooks (Mead 3 subject 6" x 9", yo!) until I was about ... wellllll, I'm still doing it. My format has changed over the years; I've done the personal "dear diary" set, random stream of consciousness/angst/awesomeness via the teen years, organizational/record-keeping over the recent years. But I am a SUCKER for a pen and paper and system.
- similar to MY [insert any descrpitive term here] teen years' journals are these journal entries. And they are hilarious. And frightening. And I'm going to dig up my old ones and see if she'll let me guest post. (There's also a thing where you can read your old journals on stage, to purposely get laughed at. No... YES!)
- annoying words that I use sarcastically in my head that are oozing out of my fingers on to this page more and more frequently: obvs (obviously), def (definitely), yoozh (apparently the preferred spelling for the shortening of "usual").
- meals in the last week: bacon/apple/cheddar quiche, baked chicken salad, peanut butter frosted brownies, chicken risotto. BAM.
- I'm sure most people would think our porch looks like hell, but I LOVE IT. Little ladies play outside, I drink warm drinks, the mums look pretty and distract from the ... everything else.
- it's now very autumn-ish in MN and our radiators are not hooked up due to a very awesome project involving said porch. My optimism in this situation: sometimes projects just prioritize themselves so nicely.
- I love this sweatshirt so much.
Two years ago: Knot Quite, in which I profess my love for old socks.