- you know who isn't affected by Daylight Saving Time? Toddlers. 7am wakeup call is unwavering, even when it's really 6am. HOW DO THEY KNOW?
- apparently people were offended by the idea that my church has an implied modest dress code. I'm never against dressing up (duh, ballroom dancer), but my church is not the nightclub-esque atmosphere I'm usually dressing for and I need to tone it down a bit for a Sunday session, hence my trepidation in the wardrobe department. But I don't wear my running clothes to go to work in, either, so I'll get over it. So should you. It's CHURCH, dammit!, and I'm being respectful.
- this green bean recipe is the BOMB. I made it for a big, fun dinner double-date we had planned, only to have 2/5 of my family members come down sick. SAD FACE! On the plus side, I don't have to cook for the next week AND got 1/2 a bottle of Prosecco to myself.
- great segue from the awkward topic, eh?
- I must be drunk because I'm using obscure words from the back of my vocabulary. When I used to work nights, a bunch of my co-workers and I would go for walks around the neighborhood at 3am and I'd use words like "obfuscation" in context, which is both ironic and humorous.
- looked in my fabric drawer this afternoon (the ladies were picking out swatches so I could make them one of these scarves). WHY do I have TWO huge yardages of bubblegum pink fabric? To be fair, one is one-way stretch and the other two-way, but DEAR GOD. And what, exactly, was I planning on making with the myriad of other one yard wonders I have stashed away? Well, I have some new plans now...
How was your weekend? Illness? Awkward moments? Fashion hit? Or miss?