No, this isn't a post about dancing (your crossover breaks or twinkles might still need some help, though).
Do you love oatmeal? If you don't, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Oatmeal is a delicious, fast, low-fat, mostly gluten-free, filling, and CHEAP breakfast food.
But here's the thing: it can totally suck. Ask my in-laws. Horror stories.
Here's the solution.
- the night before you want to enjoy some hot oats for breakfast, figure out how many people you want to feed and use 1/4 of a cup of oatmeal for each serving.
- pour your oatmeal and an equal amount of water into a pot (1/4 of oats = 1/4 cup of water; 1 cup of oats = 1 cup of water; etc.).
- add a splash of lemon juice or buttermilk to your pot of wet oats and then leave it somewhere. I put mine in our oven so no one will bump it or, God forbid, think it's a dirty dish and try to wash it.
- in the morning, add that equal amount of water to your pot (another 1/4 cup or 1 cup of water; whatever) and a good pinch of salt.
- add bananas, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, peanut butter, chicken, hot sauce, nuts, fruit, berries, maple syrup, brown sugar, agave nectar, what have you.
Soaking your oats overnight MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. Salt is also very important. And eating it promptly. Because cold oatmeal? Gross.
And if you still don't like it, then you have to try baked oatmeal. Which is cake. For breakfast.
What, you question the "...chicken, hot sauce..." add-ins? Well, let me tell you, bodybuilders love that shit. Someday I'm going to try it, because it sounds disgusting, but so did chocolate chip hummus and that stuff is fantastic.