- plants are in the garden! While the hilarity of the kiddie pool entertained the older ladies, I got my hands dirty. Literally.
- a really beautiful service for my dear great uncle, who passed away last month.
- I randomly assigned myself the goal of finishing a 5K in 27 minutes. I found this website that calculates your pace based on your desired finishing time.
That's fast...er than I'm going right now.
- my first facial! More about this later. It was like a massage... for your face. Right?
- ran my half marathon on Sunday. I didn't die, fall down, or puke, so score. The pics? Me, at 1am the "night" before... NOT TIRED; the chilly morning, looking down at my shoes; my bestie and me at the finish line.
- judging the youths at Ballroom Magic, this awesome program one of my esteemed former co-workers started to promote ballroom amongst kids. I was purposefully being optimistic, doing one "thing to work on" for every 4 compliments or so, during my written critiques.
Yet, at the end, one of the young men I was watching approached me:
"Kate. I liked your judging... It was harsher than I was used to, but I liked it."
That's right. I'm harsh.