- the Zoo's first bites of actual food- sweet potatoes! Go, baby! But stay relatively immobile for awhile, eh?
- my first week of a seven-week plan to run 4 times a week. Yes, count 'em- FOUR. Oy.
It didn't seem like a fun prospect (since I've been running 3x/week on a good week), but I responded very well to my self-imposed bribe. I saw this awesome bracelet that I really wanted (but couldn't justify buying), so I told myself if I ran all four times AND did all my workouts, I could buy it as a bit of a trophy.
- lesson learned: I can be bought.
- next week's prize- that case of Coke Zero I bought at Costco. It's taunting me by the back door as we speak. Oh yeah, Coke Zero? Well, I already got my first run in, so there!
BTW, what's in Coke Zero to make it taste good? I mean, it really tastes like real Coke. Don't tell me it's aspartame. That'll make me sad.
- a bunch of awesome practices with the G where we not only danced together, but made stuff easier AND feel better. Shut up. Plus, a million (okay, three) hours of fantastic coaching and advice from some of our favorite people.
- doing my hair like this, basically, all the time. It makes me look put together in about three minutes. Thanks, lady!
I'll even save you the trouble of searching for the bump-it thing on Amazon. Here's the link for the Asian bump-it. It's magical.
- seeing the G off for his week-long work trip. Boo. The locale of Jamaica doesn't bring to mind "work". Plus, he's fun to have around.
- another fun, but small, "stitch and make pleasant conversation" at my crafty heroine's house. It was really fun. Relaxing. Freak show. (She had the world's largest lemon that one of her relatives sent her. It was hilariously big. Larger than a grapefruit. Ginormous.)
- planning my friend's baby shower: mustaches and bowties. This girl? Excited.
Dude, this list is getting long. Enough!