- Mae Cake's first ponytail. Ahahahahaha! I was finally able to get a rubber band around her invisible hair. She was pleased.
- Our backseat is car seats, straight across. No room for adults. Chock full* of ladies. What is the world does "chock full" mean? Well. *- From "chock a block," a nautical term used when two blocks of tackle were stuck so hard together that they couldn't be tightened further. "Block of"? "Tackle"? Rope and pulley, ya landlubbers!
It's important to know the usual car-seating arrangement, so you understand part of today's list. V uses the middle car seat (the Cupholder One), because she can climb in the car herself, so I don't have to throw out my back putting Mae Cake in the b! (does anyone know what I edited there?) seat. Which brings us to...
- V Quote of the Week...
V: Why's Mae Cake in the Cupholder One?
Me: Daddy put her there.
V: Daddy's so silly...
He doesn't know what he's doing.
- V learns how to use the camera. Sort of.
I have a lot of pictures similar to these.
- roasted spaghetti squash, yams, garlic, potatoes...
apple frickin' pie...
and a couple roast chicken.
- did I mention the baguettes? Oh, yes. Baguettes.
- an afternoon outside.
- besides that full ride Harvard is giving V next year, I think MoMA will be calling to set up her new exhibition.
Little Mermaid, duh.
- my first two mile run after-baby. The men working on our neighborhood gas lines expressed a little concern when I returned home and collapsed in a heap in front of my house. I do mean "a little" because they returned to their coffee directly, after I threw my arm up in a weak imitation of a wave.
- marking my calendar for the opening of the TC Marathon registration. That's right, people. M-a-r-a-t-h-o-n. Or die trying.
- my second book club meeting in five months. Didn't read the book. Don't tell.
- activities with Zoo's godfamily. Football game (watching), eating, fire (outside, controlled), drinking, projector and screen (inside and outside).
- the return of girls' night! Highlights: eating low-carb spaghetti squash, drinking some really delicious high alcohol volume apple wine, choosing from three different chocolate treats, all while listening to 'NSYNC... The Christmas Album.