- the popsicle box that made me feel dumb.
V and I were eating the last two popsicles of the box picnic-style (anytime you sit on the ground and eat). V was pointing out the colors on the packaging [that we were about to recycle] and we were talking about the different fruits and what letters were on the box. Then I noticed the phrase "A Quiescently Frozen Confection." Holy crap. Waltz Tango Foxtrot, you know? That's an awfully fancy way to say popsicle.
Turns out "quiescent" means "at rest; still." As in not churned, like ice cream. After discovering the meaning of the word and thinking a bit about "frozen confections," it seems like someone would use that word to A) differentiate it from an ice cream treat (An Agitated Glaciated Delicacy?) or B) have an excuse for ingredients not being completely blended. But still, aren't newspapers written at an eighth grade level? I guess popsicles are just for smrt people.
Yeah, that's right: s-m-r-t.
- a hike to the bottom of Minnehaha Falls and splashing in the awesome wading area.
- a lot of crochet to take my mind off my tardy baby. For example, figuring out how to make a circle into a square…
- some more homemade popsicles from Everyday Food's big summer issue. Blueberry and cream. They're okay!
- my first giveaway. You can still enter!
- a trip to the Minnesota Zoo with some cool people. Highlights? Seeing "more fun farm animals" with V and Mae Cake running into the big water fountain play area.
- another day at the pool.
Notice she goes back up.
- writing a post as usual: sitting in the chair my great-grandpa made, after the ladies are asleep while the G is out earning some moolah (he is now officially [?] in an Irish band).